Who loves brie cheese!? Who loves pastry!? If your answer is yes, then you need to bake this butternut pumpkin, brie, rosemary and pine nut tart!! I was looking for a delicious new tart flavour for an Australia Day party, and thought “hey, why not throw all my favourite ingredients on some pastry and see what happens”, and luckily the combination was perfection!! They were gone in minutes!!
To make things even better, they were super easy to make!
Ingredients (makes 2 large tarts, or 12 pieces)
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 egg (for brushing)
- 1 butternut pumpkin, chopped and thinly sliced
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 small wheel of brie cheese, thinly sliced
- Pine nuts
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Place thinly sliced butternut pumpkin on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper – drizzle with olive oil and rosemary and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Place each sheet of pastry on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Fold over 1cm edge on each side of the puff pastry to make a border around the edge of each sheet of pastry. Press the edges down with a fork.
- Gently prick the pastry all over with a fork
- Lightly brush the edges of the pastry with egg.
- Fill the pastry with pastry weights, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the oven, and remove the pastry weights.
- Top each tart with the pumpkin, brie, pine nuts additional rosemary. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and pepper.
- Bake each tart for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and slice each tart into 6 pieces.
Enjoy!! Happy Australia Day!!