With my recent switch to diary and soy free, I’m struggling to find things I can eat that taste good!! With chocolate, cakes and pastries of the menu, I’ve now started making my own with a diary/soy free twist.
This banana bread recipe is a winner!! It’s so easy to make, I can have one ready to go in the oven in about 10 minutes. It’s a new favourite for me!!
- 3/4 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 2/4 cup self raising flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large bananas (over ripe), mashed
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper
- Sift flours into a mixing bowl. Add brown sugar.
- In a large jug, combine eggs, mashed banana, coconut oil and almond milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine
- Add berries, if desired.
- Bake for one hour – test with a skewer to ensure cooked through